The Women’s Auxiliary of Music Academy of the West welcomes new members for 2021
Engage with this vibrant group of more than 100 women who support the Academy’s mission and enjoy social events
- Network and build friendships at monthly meetings featuring live music performances from alumni, faculty, and guest artists
- Get involved with creative philanthropic projects such as private concerts, fundraising parties, online auctions, and more
- Join a fun, social group – annual luncheon, social events, summer picnic with Academy fellows, and festive holiday party
- Co-lead or join committees that plan new programs and projects
- Tour the beautiful Music Academy Miraflores campus and learn about its history
The Womenu2019s Auxiliary is a very active and productive group. We become friends and respected peers while supporting a wonderful cause. The Auxiliary is open to all women who would like to join us.
Auxiliary Chair Meg DiNapoli
- Usher for world-class performances
- Participate in the Compeer Program to meet and befriend Summer Festival fellows
- Serve as Welcome Ambassadors at the Summer Festival
- Assist with the Sing! Choral Program in local schools
About Music Academy of the WestFounded in 1947, Music Academy of the West offers year-round programming for the local community and talented musicians from around the world. Each year, 140 fellows ages 18-34 are selected by merit-based audition from more than 2,000 applicants worldwide to participate in an eight-week Summer School and Festival to prepare them for 21st-century careers. At the Summer Festival, they receive opportunities for advanced study and frequent orchestral, chamber, recital and masterclass performances under the guidance of more than 70 internationally renowned faculty and guest artists. Each fellow receives a full scholarship for tuition, room and board. In 2018, the Music Academy began a partnership with the London Symphony Orchestra (LSO) that brings LSO musicians to Santa Barbara to teach and perform, and sends twelve Keston MAX Fellows to London for ten days of training and performance with the orchestra. Career-launching opportunities for fellows and alumni are offered through the Academy’s Innovation Institute. Summer Innovation Seminars bring together industry leaders and cutting-edge artists to engage fellows and audiences in discussion about the present and future state of classical music, while the annual Fast Pitch Awards give fellows a platform to present their entrepreneurial ideas. The Academy’s Alumni Enterprise Awards have provided more than $220,000 in grants for forward-thinking projects in artistic expression, audience development, education, community engagement, social justice and technology; recipients of the awards are also invited to attend a five-day Innovation Residential. Academy alumni create careers in music and beyond and are members of major symphony orchestras, chamber orchestras, ensembles, opera companies, and academic faculties throughout the world. Music Academy of the West also provides music education locally through Sing!, a free, after-school choral initiative for seven-to-twelve-year-olds from 28 schools in Santa Barbara County. The Academy presents more than 150 public events annually in four campus venues and in sites across Santa Barbara and online. For more information, visit musicacademy.org.
photo by Phil Channing Released: December 1, 2020 Kate Oberjat Director of Marketing and Communications Music Academy of the West email@example.com