Cash Gift Options
Sometimes the easiest way to give is by cash. If you are looking to donate by cash please contact us through one of the methods below.
BY PHONE: Jodi Barnard/ 805-695-7918
BY MAIL: Music Academy / 1070 Fairway Road / Santa Barbara, CA 93108
The Music Academy can easily accept gifts in the form of stock transfers. Please use the following information to complete your donation:
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
Account #: 248-108754-203
FBO: Music Academy of the West
DTC #: 0015
IRA Charitable Rollover
The IRA Charitable Rollover may be right for you if you are:
- At least 70 ½ years old
- Considering making a donation to your favorite charity
- Concerned about whether you will be able to itemize your charitable deductions this year
- Wish to avoid paying income taxes on your required minimum distribution from your IRA
The IRA Charitable Rollover may be especially beneficial for you this year. Check with your tax professional to see if this would result in the best tax situation for you.
- Charitable gifts to all charities combined cannot exceed a total of $100,000 (for couples, $200,000).
- Your gift will not be included in your taxable income and no charitable deduction will be allowed.
- You may not receive any goods or services from this gift.
To make this gift, please send a letter to your IRA administrator, requesting a direct charitable distribution to the Music Academy of the West in the amount that you wish to donate. The letter will need to include the Academy’s Tax ID number: 95-1525814
Have an unwanted car, truck, trailer, boat, RV motorcycle off road vehicle, heavy equipment or other form of motorized vehicle that you would like to donate to support the Music Academy? Vehicle donations are easy!
Make a gift to the Music Academy conveniently from your account at Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, BNY Mellon, and other funds.