Music Academy General Knowledge
- The Music Academy of the West “moved on up” in 1951 when it was gifted the property it currently inhabits. What was the name of the family who owned the property from 1915 to 1950?
- She was a famed German soprano who helped guide the early success of the Academy’s vocal program.
- Named for a longtime music director of the Music Academy, this was this original name of Hahn Hall.
- Just call us the “MAW” of La Mancha! The Cynthia Wood Memorial Fountain Court sometimes goes by another name, inspired by this title character represented in the courtyard’s tiles (pictured.)
- True or false: in large part due to his 50-year association with the Music Academy, Jerome Lowenthal is thought to have performed at downtown Santa Barbara’s Lobero Theatre more than any other single performer.
- Multiple choice: Two of the previous property owner’s dogs are buried on the grounds of the Music Academy. Were their names: a) Tien Tze I and Tien Tze II, b) Santa and Barbara, c) Invader and Shadow, or d) Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?
- Which of The Shops was founded first, The Rack or The Treasure House?
- List the four people whose busts are on display in the hallway of the Main House.