Learning just a little about what the fellows plan to bring to the world through their artistry was invigorating and inspiring. It is a honor to connect with these young artists at this special season in their professional development.
My Compeers were absolutely amazing, and I know a life-long relationship has been made from this summer. My summer was greatly enhanced by getting to know and spend time with them.
It was so much fun to have my own personal cheering section at concerts! My Compeeru2019s genuine interest and curiosity was delightful.
2022 COMPEER PROGRAM
More than just a Festival, the Academy forms genuine bonds and deep connections between audiences and performersFor 25 years the Compeer Program has been at the heart of the Music Academy community and a highlight of the Summer Festival! Academy fellows are matched with a local family or individual (“Compeer”), these matches build friendships by connecting at Academy events and enjoy occasional socializing.
I loved meeting the fellows and their friends and hearing about the Festival from their perspective. We really liked eating together, which made it fun and relaxed. It was a blast to Co-Compeer, and when we all got together, it was like a big extended family. I also enjoyed one on one time with my fellow, talking to her more deeply about her aspirations and her life outside of performing. I am extremely grateful for having these amazing young artists/beautiful humans/brilliant people in my life.
- MATCH with one or more fellows who share your interests. Consider finding a friend to Co-Compeer and enjoy a group approach!
- MEET fellows at a celebratory Compeer Kickoff.
- ATTEND performances: having a familiar, friendly face in the audience means the world to fellows!
- SOCIALIZE with fellows outside of events. Suggestions: picnics, BBQs, beach walks, and local sightseeing.
- ENJOY! Now more than ever, it is important for musicians and audiences to connect in meaningful ways in order to enjoy their shared passion for music and its positive impact on society.
The Compeer Program is by far my favorite volunteer activity. It is so rewarding to develop friendships with the fellows and learn about their experiences practicing and performing around the world. I so enjoy the performances because I know the fellows and see the immediate improvements that transpire on stage in such a short time, and the excitement the fellows gain from their Festival experience. Very excited to be a Compeer again.
- SOCIAL RELATIONSHIPS with professionally-bound young musicians
- INVITATIONS to Compeer-exclusive events
- RECOGNITION in the Academy Summer Guidebook
- COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS to select performances