Arrival Dates & Times:
Arrival Date: Saturday, June 10, 2023, 9 am and 9 pm
- String Quartet Seminar Fellows – Arrival on Monday, June 5, 2023, 12 pm to 5 pm
- Vocal Piano Fellows – Arrival on Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 12 pm to 5 pm
Arrival Locations & Directions:
Shuttle Schedule from the following locations to Westmont College is available from 9 am to 9 pm on Saturday, June 10, 2022 ONLY (arrival shuttles are not able to accommodate late arrival schedules):
- Santa Barbara Airport
- Santa Barbara Amtrak / Santa Barbara Greyhound Station
- Santa Barbara Airbus (from SB to Los Angeles Airport-LAX)
Fellows arriving by car or rideshare to Westmont College should use the directions below:
- Music, including piano parts to solo instrumental repertoire (for collaborative piano dept. purposes). Be sure your music is labeled with your name and cell phone number
- Combination Lock: A small combination lock (non-key) to secure your instrument locker at Music Academy main campus
- Folding music stand for your individual practice
- Proof of medical and dental insurance coverage (Important!)
- ATM and/or credit card
- Ear plugs
- Bedside lamp
- Small fan for your room (Important!) *See note regarding fans within the rental item section below
- Re-usable water bottle
- Re-usable coffee thermos
- Mattress pad
- Clothes hangers
ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR RENT FROM RESIDENTIAL CAMPUS UPON ARRIVAL:
- Iron/ironing boards
- Fans (Residence halls are NOT air-conditioned due to the temperate climate of Santa Barbara, but fans are highly recommended for occasional warmer temperatures. A limited number of fans are available to rent, so bringing your own is highly encouraged)
24 hours before arrival, fellows will receive an informational email with arrival details and the Resident Director 24-hour cell number. Please read this email carefully as it will be helpful with your arrival.
Fellows arriving between 9 am and 9 pm on Saturday, June 10 will be greeted at the Welcome Table by Music Academy Summer Staff and provided with a map of campus and your room number. If you rented linens and/or have been issued a Residential Campus parking pass, you may pick them up from the Welcome Table at this time.
When you arrive at your room, your key will be in the door and you will find a welcome bag from the Music Academy Administration waiting for you as well as a one-pager with helpful information (WiFi code, Orientation & Convocation Schedule, etc.)
Buses will take frequent trips to a nearby grocery store between 12 pm and 8 pm so you may pick up any essentials you might have forgotten to pack. Check the Transportation Schedule for trip times.
An assortment of pre-packaged light snacks will be available at the Welcome Table (between 9 am and 9 pm) and in Clark Lounge (after 9 pm) in case you miss a meal period when you arrive.
Fellows arriving after 9 pm should contact the 24 hour resident director phone to check in and be taken to your room.
Fellows may reserve linens in advance through the Travel Information Form and no later than May 15
- $45 if reserved in advance (payment made via link before arrival)
- $70 for requests placed upon arrival (payment via cash or credit card)
Linens Rental Includes:
- fitted sheet
- top sheet
- bath towel
Fellows choosing to bring linens should have the following:
- towels (bathing and beach)
- comforter (nights can be cold and foggy)
- sheets (narrow, flat twin sheets, extra-long recommended)
Sunday, June 11 (all events mandatory for fellows)
Schedule subject to change.
- 11 am – 12 pm: Dean Welcome and Residence Life Orientation (Residential Campus)
- 12 pm: Lunch (at Residential Campus)
- 1 – 2 pm: Buses from Residential Campus to Main Campus
- 2 – 3 pm: Fellow Artistic Operations Orientation (at Main Campus)
- 3 – 4 pm: Main Campus Tour and Class Photo
- 4 – 5 pm: Convocation (Main Campus)
- 5 – 5:30 pm: Studio Meetings (Main Campus)
- 5:30 – 6 pm: Buses from Main Campus back to Residential Campus
- 6 pm: Dinner (at Residential Campus)
No prior reservation is required to attend a campus tour.
- Residential Campus Tour: TBA
- Main Campus Tour: TBA