Located just a 10-minute drive from the Music Academy’s main campus, Westmont College’s stunning mountainside campus houses the Academy’s summer residence halls. The residential campus belongs to a private liberal arts college. The residential campus also hosts other summer residents/organizations, including families and children, therefore fellows’ adherence to all campus use policies help ensure a positive community dynamic for everyone on campus. As a renting organization of that campus, Music Academy residents are not held accountable to the policies required of students enrolled in that institution during the academic year period.
Monday – Saturday:
Breakfast 7:30 am & 8:30 am
Lunch (Westmont) Noon
Dinner 6 pm
Breakfast 8:30 am
Lunch (at Westmont Only) Noon
Dinner 6 pm
* fellows should arrive promptly to the meal start times stated above in order to avoid delays
Quiet hours are from 10 pm - 7 am daily therefore fellows are permitted to practice in their rooms between 7 am and 10 pm daily. Fellows wishing to practice later may go to the Music Building between 7 am and 12 am.
A Computer Lounge is available at Westmont. Computers are equipped with internet only. You are encouraged to bring your own laptop if you anticipate needing to work on programs beyond the internet.
Free high-speed Wi-Fi is available at both campuses.
Westmont WiFi Information:
Westmont Wifi connection issues: Often many wifi problems are due to a computer attaching to a distant access point and not letting go of the connection even if the signal strength is weak.
- If you are having a problem:please first disconnect and reconnect wifi on the computer. This should refresh the signal.
Then run a speed test at net. If the speed is below 10 enter a “help ticket” at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are still having problems:please submit a support ticket by emailing email@example.com and send a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include:
- your location on the Westmont campus,
- the MAC addressof the wireless interface on your computer, and
- briefly describe the problem. It is important that you detail what you’re experiencing so it can be quickly addressed.
Illegal downloading of unauthorized content is not allowed.
Copy machines are located at the Academy and in the Voice Program office at Westmont. Most copying of music under copyright is illegal and the Music Academy does not condone this practice. Permission to copy music under copyright protection will not be granted by Academy librarians.
Laundry facilities are available within the Residence Halls.
*laundry detergent is NOT provided in laundry rooms. Recommended detergent is “HE” (high efficiency).
Every fellow has a single room assigned to them in either Clark or Emerson Hall. Residence Halls are made up of single occupancy rooms in a suite of 3 to 6 rooms or a hall of 12 rooms with shared restrooms.
If you arrive to find something broken in your room, hall, or suite, or something breaks during the summer, fill out the Maintenance Request Form HERE (link coming soon) as soon as possible. If you do not alert the Residence Life team by completing a form, you might be charged for the damage at the end of the Festival.
Every fellow with a personal car must submit their vehicle information in the pre-Festival Travel Form (through Acceptd). Once you have completed the Travel Form, a Music Academy administrator will reach out to you to arrange a Residential Campus Parking Permit valid for the duration of the Festival. A Parking Permit is required for personal vehicles parked at the Residential Campus.
The summer Parking Permit fee for the duration of the Festival is ~$70 and must be paid prior to arrival through the Residential Campus online payment portal. Fellows will receive the permit upon arrival to the Festival
(Pre-Festival) All mail arriving between Monday, June 5 and Friday, June 9 must be addressed as follows:
Westmont College Conference Services
[Your Name] c/o Music Academy
955 La Paz Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
Do not use the Westmont College address during the summer, mail during the summer must be sent only to the Music Academy or your package may be lost or severely delayed. Please do your best to have packages delivered prior to June 10 as we cannot guarantee a package arriving during arrivals weekend will be available when you arrive on June 10.
(Festival) All mail arriving between Monday, June 12 and Friday, August 4 must be addressed as follows:
[Your Name] c/o Music Academy
1070 Fairway Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108-2899
Westmont College Post Office: provides outgoing shipping services and stamps for purchase. All incoming mail and packages will be available at the Music Academy main campus.
There is a small bookstore/gift shop located on Westmont’s campus. You may purchase small toiletries, snacks, drinks, office supplies, books, Westmont apparel, gift cards, gift bags, and other various items through the bookstore.
Each fellow room has an individual trash can which may be emptied in one of the dumpsters near Clark Lounge. Your trash can may be left outside your room on Tuesday and Thursday morning by 8:30 am to be emptied by the Westmont Cleaning Team. Residence Hall and bathroom cleaning is done twice weekly.
If you would prefer to empty your trash outside of the cleaning hours, locate the dumpsters closest to Clark or Emerson Hall.
Every fellow is encouraged to vacuum their room weekly. Vacuums are available for day use in Clark Lounge.
General cleaning supplies are available in Clark Lounge, please just ask the Resident Director on call.
Fellow are discouraged from keeping food in their rooms, however if you must have food in your room, please discard of all food containers and wrappers in the nearest dumpster instead of in the small trash in your room or hall.
There are multiple lounges and kitchens accessible from Clark Hall and Emerson Hall. Clark Lounge, the main fellow lounge with the largest kitchen is adjacent to Clark Hall. Clark Lounge is a great place to gather in small groups and store food during the summer (handy sharpies and labels are provided to label your food). Food will be discarded on Monday morning at 10 am every week unless clearly labeled.
Lounges and kitchens are common spaces and therefore need to be kept clean by fellows. Cleaning supplies are provides so please be sure to keep these spaces tidy for all fellows to use.
If a personal item is lost at the Residential Campus, check the Lost & Found area in Clark Lounge and check in with the Resident Director on call.
- Smoking Policy: As of 2019, Santa Barbara is a smoke‐free city in public and residential areas (including tobacco, marijuana, and electronic vaping devices) in order to provide a healthy, family‐friendly, and clean environment. Music Academy main and residential campuses are also smoke/tobacco/vape‐free. Academy fellow accommodations are within a residential area, so there is no facility near that campus which permits smoking or vaping. The Music Academy maintains a drug‐free environment. Illegal drugs, tobacco products, marijuana, cannabis products, and open flames (including candles) are not allowed on campus. The use or possession on campus of illegal drugs, marijuana, cannabis products, and drug paraphernalia incur a $500 fine per incident. Questions regarding the use of medical marijuana prescriptions on campus must be submitted to the Dean prior to enrollment. The use of possession on campus of tobacco products, smoking, and vaping devices, and open flame, will incur a $100 fine per incident. Further violations may result in dismissal from the Festival. See Fellow Policies Handbook for complete details.
- Alcohol Policy: Westmont is a dry campus during the academic year as an undergraduate institution, yet by contractual arrangements Academy fellows may enjoy alcohol (beer and wine ONLY) at the residential campus/Westmont in the Clark Lounge at specified times. Alcohol may NOT be stored or consumed in fellows’ rooms or outside the designated lounge at any time. When bringing beer and wine to campus, it must be stored in the Residence Life Office and will be labeled with the name of the fellow who purchased it, and then served back to that fellow during evening hospitality hours. Drinking by fellows who are under age 21 is prohibited. Under‐age drinking will result in mandatory dismissal from the program. Fellows 21 years of age or older must drink responsibly. Fellows identified as publicly intoxicated by Music Academy administration and/or law enforcement will lose the privilege to reside at Westmont for the remainder of the Festival and will be responsible for arranging off‐campus accommodations at their own expense or will be dismissed from the Festival. Alcohol policy violations incur a $500 fine per incident. Further violations may result in dismissal from the Festival. See Fellow Policies Handbook for complete details.
• Stop, drop, take cover
• Once shaking stops, exit building and relocate to Thorington Field (large field surrounded by the Track) in the lower part of campus.
• Music Academy Staff will notify fellows via text system regarding next steps and safety instructions
• Westmont and Music Academy staff will assist you with various supplies until the campus can be evacuated, if necessary
Fire, Flood, and Active Shooter Instructions coming soon